Everyone seems to be coming up with their own fragrance brand ever since the pandemic started. From TikTok influencers to pop stars, it feels like fragrance is the new cosmetics in terms of just how many brands are being launched every month, if not every week or every day.
Fragrance is fast becoming the most saturated industry in beauty and wellness. If business owners want their brand to stand out, then they need to come up with marketing ideas that have not been done before. Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas for marketing a new fragrance business this year and how you can set your brand apart from a sea of other brands.
Champion science and evidence-backed claims
Along with the rise of beauty and wellness gurus and celebrities coming up with their own lifestyle brands came the rise of misinformation and pseudoscience—all in the name of making a profit.
If you truly want your brand to stand out, then one of the best things you can do not just for your brand reputation but also for your consumers is to ensure that every claim you make is backed by research and science.
Here are some examples of claims that can be backed by facts, proper research, and rigorous quality control:
- How long the fragrance lasts on skin and fabric
- The brand’s partners and suppliers, like a reputable manufacturer of bottle-filling machines, the materials for the packaging, and how they are sourced
- How many people were satisfied with the products
Avoid making outrageous claims like Addison Rae’s “mood-changing” line of fragrances. Your consumers will see right through it since consumers are getting savvier and savvier as the years go by, and you might become the object of relentless mocking and clowning on the internet.
If you do your due diligence and don’t take shortcuts, you can ensure that you will come up with the best possible product without having to lie or exaggerate your way towards sales. It’s not simply an issue of marketing or ensuring that you sell your inventory—it’s about protecting your consumers’ health and ensuring that they get their money’s worth.
Create a solid brand and visual identity
There are no two ways about it: Your visual identity needs to stand out from the rest. It needs to be elegant enough to stand the test of time, but trendy and youthful enough to reach younger people so that they can grow up and grow old with your products. Here are some visual identity trends of 2022 that you need to take into consideration as you brainstorm for your brand:
- Make the packaging sleek and easy to bring anywhere. An overly bulky line of products might dissuade your customers from choosing your product. You can also opt for creating fragrance kits, like a package that has a small bottle where the user can pour their perfume, and they can easily put it in their bags or pockets.
- Watch out for the main trends for graphic design, like geometric patterns, 90’s-inspired graphics, and vector drawings, and find ways to make them timeless. These specific trends may be the in thing now, but they might be outdated by next year. By opting for elegant designs that make use of trendy touches, you ensure that you capture your audience’s attention now, but that you’ll get to keep it for years to come. It’s a win-win.
- Make sure your logo and other visual elements are cohesive and easily recognizable in a sea of other brand identities.
Don’t neglect your brand’s visual identity. It’s the first thing your consumers will see and know about you.
Build a community
More than just creating a solid online presence both on social media and through a well-designed website, you also need to build a community among your target audience and/or consumers. Here are some ideas you can employ:
- Consider creating a community on Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, or other messaging platforms that you know your audience spends most of their time in.
- Give this community a lot of perks, like discounts, a first look at upcoming products, and even tips and tricks for how to use the products.
By building a community, you gain brand loyalty and trust, and your consumers will truly feel like you care about them and not just after profit.
There are so many new fragrance brands nowadays, aspiring fragrance moguls need to do all that they can to ensure that their brand stands out. Follow these tips to give your new business a fighting chance. You can do it!